What is school leadership?
School leadership is …
- Developing people (internal and external)
- Setting direction for the organisation (vision and mission)
- Transforming the school into a more effective organisation that foster powerful teaching and learning for all students.
10 Principles of School Leadership
- Know all aspects of your job
- Set accountable goals
- Ensure that jobs are understood, supervised, and accomplished
- Know your teachers and look after their welfare
- Keep every teacher informed
- Develop responsibility among your teachers and students
- Set the example
- Take responsibility
- Make sound and timely decision
- Develop teamwork