6 Ways of Overcoming Your Procrastination
1. Make the Task Meaningful: Ask yourself why the task is important to you and what it has to do with your long-term goal.
2. Take the Task Apart: Sometime an assignment can appear to be overwhelming. Breaking large assignments into manageable parts will help. Set dates to work on each of the pieces.
3. Keep Yourself Organized: Having everything you need right at your fingertips will save a lot of time when starting a project.
4. Be Positive: Avoid speaking negatively about the task and your ability to move toward completion. Tell yourself “I know that I can finish this work.”
5. Plan a Reward: Do something for yourself that you would not normally no, but withhold the reward if the task remains incomplete.
6. Just Do It – Complete the task: The moment you find yourself procrastinating, complete the task then you won’t have to think about it anymore.