What great bosses do differently?
- Think Positive - Understand the power of positive psychology, look at every situation as a learning opportunity.
- Be honest - Be honest and tell employees the truth, even if it hurts.
- Delegate - Know when to leave employees alone, resist the temptation to micromanage.
- Communicate - So many problems in an organization are the result of a lack of communication.
- Inspire - Inspire employees to be as passionate about the company as you are.
- Align the Team - Keep the entire team focused and aligned towards one long term goal.
- Balanced - People performance better at tasks when they're able to balance work and life.
- Give Credit - Giving credit to employees will boost their confidence.
- Encourage Growth - Encourage employees to grow they will become more productive.
- Praise - Show appreciation even for the small things that employees do.
- Fair - Playing favorite will only demoralize the rest of the team.
- Mentor - Act more like a mentor than a boss. Instead of telling me what to do, show me.